Thursday, April 12, 2018

Beyond the Books - Moving



Beyond the Books is a weekly feature hosted by Kissin Blue Karen. Beyond the Books is a weekly writing prompt where she throws out a topic (mostly non-bookish) and others blog about it.

When I saw this topic come up, I had to wonder if Karen was reading my mind. I'm starting to clean out my in-laws' house so I can move my mother-in-law in with us. Frightened and happy all at the same time.

Frightened because...
  • I'm really busy with the spring market and now have to find time to clean out the house they have lived in for 40 years. 
  • What if I throw something sentimental away?
  • Where is all the other stuff going to go? My house is already filled floors to ceiling.
  • I don't know how it will be having her live with us. 
  • There's still some discussion of where we are going to put her since the only extra bedroom--which is right now my office--is on the second floor and stairs aren't easy for her.


Happy because...

  • I won't be managing two households. 
  • The girls will have their grandmother here.
  • I'll feel better when she isn't living on her own.
  • She won't need to drive as much.

I once moved three times in the span of 18 months, so I'm not looking forward to all that work; but it must be done. Hopefully it will go smoother than I think it will.

How about you? What do you think about moving? 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I have lived in the same house since 1992. I am not sure I want to move again.Ii am slowly getting rid
Of stuff though.