Monday, January 15, 2018

Musing Monday - Jan 15


Musing Monday is hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION: Have you ever stolen insults from books and used them in real life situations?

We are back to Monday again. I hope you had a great week. My Christmas decorations are finally down and the winter decorations have taken their place. I'm in the middle of deciding what colors to paint the rooms in this house. Some are the original off-white and I'm done with that. I'm thinking maybe a silver gray.

In case you missed it, the blog last week had a review of The Body in the Casket by Katherine Hall Page, the last Top Ten Tuesday at The Broke and the Bookish (will continue at a different blog), and The Friday 56 that shared a part of The Mayflower Bride by Kimberley Woodhouse.

At An Imperfect Christian Mom I posted a review of Go for No! by Richard Fenton and Andrea Waltz and shared some apps I find helpful for Bookish (and not so bookish) Thoughts. At Books Can Be Deadly I featured an interview with author Heather Weidner. Finally, at The Children's and Teens' Book Connection I posted a couple reviews, my STORYSTORM update, and an announcement about Janet Halfmann's upcoming book that ties into Black History Month.

Today, I'll begin reading my First Book of the Year in earnest. Did you post a First Book of the Year? What is it?

As for today's question, I can't believe I've never thought of stealing an insult from a book and using it. Maybe because my evil side is snarky and sarcastic enough not to need any help. (Blushes) How about you? Heard any good insults in a book lately? Would you ever use them?

Here's hoping you have a spectacular week.

No comments: