Monday, December 4, 2017

Musing Monday - Dec 4


Musing Monday is hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION:   Do you prefer plot driven books or character driven books?

Happy first Monday of December! How is that decorating going? I have candles in the window, a tree without lights in my family room, and garland on the stairs. It will be slow going and I might have to put up only one tree this year to save time and protect them from the dog.



I'm currently reading A Wanted Man by Robert Parker, which I'm due to review on Thursday. It's a busy week so I hope I finish it on time. It's definitely a page turner.

I'm also reading the next book in Duffy Brown's Consignment Shop Mystery series, Lethal in Old Lace. Love this series and the publisher sent me a copy via NetGalley. Not my preferred method of reading, but more cost effective for authors and publishers.


There are two social functions in Savannah guaranteed to get people talking: weddings and funerals. And just as consignment shop owner Reagan Summerside agrees to marry the hunky Walker Boone, her neighbors, sisters Annie Fritz and Elsie Abbot, step up their business as professional mourners. They are so successful that the Sleepy Pines Retirement Center has hired them as a part of their retirement package. But the celebration over good business is cut short when the residents at Pines suddenly begin dying at an alarming rate. And the sisters are the first suspects.

Reagan has her doubts, however, and begins to look into the strange phenomenon. But then something even stranger happens: a body winds up in the sisters’ pink Caddy. The evidence begins to pile up and the suspicious case of Willie Fishbine, who swindled the sisters out of a fortune and coincidentally died prior to the Pines case, is reopened.

Not wanting Willie to be buried until they can find the killer responsible for the murders, Reagan must catch the culprit in time to walk down the aisle. Witty, fabulous, and full of charm, Lethal in Old Lace is perfect for fans of Ellery Adams and Jenn McKinlay.

As for this week's question, should I even bother answering it? You all know I am a character-driven reader. It's probably why I like mysteries and psychological thrillers so much: I am hyper-focused on the reason characters do what they do.

Hope you all have a great week and read some fabulous books.

No comments: