Monday, November 20, 2017

Musing Monday - November 20


Musing Monday is hosted by Ambrosia at The Purple Booker It is a weekly meme that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:

I’m currently reading…
Up next I think I’ll read…
I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
I can’t wait to get a copy of…
I wish I could read ___, but…
I blogged about ____ this past week…

THIS WEEK'S RANDOM QUESTION:   Do you like or dislike series books?


Happy Thanksgiving week, everyone! I hope your preparations are going well. Mine are very slow. Trying not to work, but I am working like a dog. House still isn't clean for me to host on Thursday and I can't even think about baking.

Enough of that stress. Let's talk books. If you visited lately you'll see I've been blogging more thanks to a little break in the real estate business. Not much of a break, but I'll take it. Be sure to read my review of When the Bishop Needs an Alibi by Vannetta Chapman. Love, love, love this series.

Speaking of series, I do like them. That said, I hate when life gets hectic and I can't keep up with a series. I've missed books by Karen White, Kathi Macias, Marilyn Meredith, C. W. Gortner and more that write books I absolutely adore. Even harder is when I come into a series in the middle and have to back track. That never seems to work out. That's why I've been so vigilant about Charlotte Hubbard's books. I know if I miss any one in a series I'll regret it and never catch up.

How about you? Do you prefer stand alone novels or series? Is there a series you're still trying to catch up on?

I hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.




No comments: