Wednesday, August 23, 2017

Interview with Jason Reid, Author of Dinner Conversations




Jason Reid is an entrepreneur by trade and a dad by passion. He currently lives in Murrieta, California with his wonderful wife and amazing four children. Over the years he has written numerous business books, a novel, and children’s The Protector Bug book series.

SOCIAL LINKS:


TWITTER | FACEBOOK


Can you tell us a bit about yourself?

I am an entrepreneur, husband and father who really enjoys his time with his family.

When did you begin writing?

I started writing about 10 years ago, I was looking for a new hobby. I wrote a novel called Liar Loan, a few business books as well as two children’s picture books and five of the best screen plays that you may never see… LOL

Do you write during the day, at night or whenever you can sneak a few moments?

I don’t have a set pattern, this latest book was written over 5 years, one conversation at a time.

What is this book about?

It is a collection of conversations that I have had with my kids as they were growing up. Mostly funny stuff that they have said to me over dinner.


What inspired you to write it?

Facebook, I posted all our conversations on my Facebook over the years as a fun way of memorializing our time together. Finally, some friends said, “Hey you should turn this into a book”

Who is your biggest supporter?

My family are my biggest supporters

Where can readers purchase a copy of your book?

The book is available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.

Do you have a website and/or blog where readers can find out more?

I currently just have a Facebook page @DinnerConversations where readers can follow our recent family conversations, post their own fun family conversations, fun and interesting articles, events, etc

What is one piece of advice you would like to share with aspiring authors everywhere?

The best advice I have is to write for you, if it makes you happy then do. Don’t write for the critics, why would you want to make them happy?

What is up next for you?

I am working on a new screenplay about an old mall in middle America and a not so young guy who wants to prove to his father that he can turn it around.

Is there anything you would like to add?

Yes, life is way busier than it was 30 years ago--there are many more distractions. Make sure you take the time to have dinner with your family and above all, enjoy the conversations!




No comments: