Monday, May 2, 2016

Musing Mondays - May 2



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme now hosted at Jenn's new blog Books And A Beat that asks you to choose one of the following prompts to answer:
  • I’m currently reading…
  • Up next I think I’ll read…
  • I bought the following book(s) in the past week…
  • I’m super excited to tell you about (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I’m really upset by (book/author/bookish-news)…
  • I can’t wait to get a copy of…
  • I wish I could read ___, but…
  • I blogged about ____ this past week…
THIS WEEK’S RANDOM QUESTION:  Name any 5 books from your “to be read” pile (even if it’s a “virtual” pile).

Happy Monday, everyone! Trying so hard to get back into the swing of things. Way too much real estate work these days.

Here are some of the oldest books (meaning the ones I've had the longest) in my TBR pile.


When the concierge of The Alexander, a historic Atlanta apartment building, invites his fellow residents to join him for weekly screenings of Downton Abbey, four very different people find themselves connecting with the addictive drama, and—even more unexpectedly—with each other…



Filled with smart history, treacherous rivalries, lavish clothes, and sparkling jewels, Becoming Marie Antoinette will utterly captivate fiction and history lovers alike.


An epic fairy tale with surprising twists, embracing the enduring power of love and faith.


There's always something to gossip about in Savannah, Georgia, and Reagan Summerside always seems to be in the middle of it. She's busy enough running her consignment shop, the Prissy Fox, with her vivacious auntie, KiKi, but now the gossip--and the sales--are about to pick up, after a gruesome discovery...


Eighteen years after the infants Kai and Mahri DuBois were separated and taken from La Foret de Chenes for their own protection, they are called to return. Appointed as Paladins, they receive their first charges from the Elders. The twins must overcome the devastating act of treachery that tore their family apart, restore the integrity of the treasure they guard, and beat back the encroaching evil of La Famille DeMauvaise.

What are some of the books in your TBR pile?

4 comments:

Breana M. said...

I haven't heard of any of those books before, but they look great. Enjoy them once you get to them.

Unknown said...

Ha I think the book on my TBR the longest is the Peach Keepers Daughter by Sarah Addison Allen. It's got a gorgeous cover but I just haven't got round to buying it yet. I've not heard of any of your books either but I'm going to go check some of them out now. Maybe add a few more to my TBR lol :)

Happy Reading
Rachel @ Paein-and-Ms4tune

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

I loved the Wendy Wax book...you should read that one soon! LOL.

Enjoy...and here is my MUSING MONDAYS POST

Cheryl Malandrinos said...

Thanks for visiting, ladies.

Breana, you had some good books in your pile when I checked out your blog.

Rachel, SAA's work has come highly recommended to me. I helped promote one of her early books when I was still working in virtual book tours.

Laurel, I've heard it's a good one. It might even help with my DA withdrawals.

Enjoy the rest of your day, everyone.