Monday, October 13, 2014

Musing Mondays - October 13



Musing Mondays is a weekly meme from MizB at Should Be Reading. It asks you to muse about one of the following each week…


• Describe one of your reading habits.
• Tell us what book(s) you recently bought for yourself or someone else, and why you chose that/those book(s).
• What book are you currently desperate to get your hands on? Tell us about it!
• Tell us what you’re reading right now — what you think of it, so far; why you chose it; what you are (or, aren’t) enjoying it.
• Do you have a bookish rant? Something about books or reading (or the industry) that gets your ire up? Share it with us!
• Instead of the above questions, maybe you just want to ramble on about something else pertaining to books — let’s hear it, then!

My Musing:

I've noticed as I blog and participate in memes that my preferred genres don't always match those of the majority of the participants. I don't mind, though, because it exposes me to books that wouldn't usually be on my radar and I often add them to my Amazon Wish List or GoodReads Want to Read list to check out later. This topic made me think about my favorite and not so favorite genres. 

Favorites: historical fiction, mystery (any sub-genre, but I am partial to cozies), romantic suspense, and inspirational fiction.

Genres I read, but not my first choice: dystopian fiction, horror, and paranormal.

Not so favorites: fantasy and science-fiction.

Non-fiction favorites: true crime, biographies, politics, and Christian living.

What are some of your favorite and not so favorite genres. 

2 comments:

JC Jones said...

Your not so favorites are my favorites but I read the others too. I agree blogging expands my horizons in book selection.

Cleopatra Loves Books said...

I love crime but more so when it leans towards why people behave in a particular way than straight out thrillers. I also enjoy well-researched historical fiction but again I prefer it when it's character lead. I'm not into dystopian or sci-fi at all. Like you though since I've started blogging I'm more receptive to reading outside my preferred genres

http://cleopatralovesbooks.wordpress.com