Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names


Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week they will post a new Top Ten list that one of the bloggers at The Broke and the Bookish will answer. Everyone is welcome to join. All they ask is that you link back to The Broke and the Bookish on your own Top Ten Tuesday post AND add your name to the Linky widget so that everyone can check out other bloggers lists! If you don't have a blog, just post your answers as a comment. Have fun with it! It's a fun way to get to know your fellow bloggers.

Today's topic: Top Ten Character Names I Love or Top Ten Unusual Character Names (in no certain order)


I have a feeling this first one will be on a lot of lists: Finnick Odair from Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins.

Linh Cinder from The Lunar Chronicles: Cinder and Scarlet

Josh Lumley from Game Face by Andy Kantar. I haven't read this YA novel yet, but the name reminded me of Lumpy on Leave it to Beaver.

Anne Shirley "with an E" from the Anne of Green Gables series. One of my favorite series of all times, before I began blogging I used to read the books annually.

Rowley Jefferson from the Diary of a Wimpy Kid books. I hover between hating this character and feeling sorry for him. I find him more memorable than the main character, Greg Heffley.

Abby Lambright from Naomi King's Cedar Creek series.

Olivia Lockhart from Debbie Macomber's Cedar Cove novels. I am totally addicted to the Hallmark Channel TV show based upon these books. I'm so glad they picked it up for a second season.

Maxim Beaufort, Earl of St. Ive from Lizzie's Rake by Hazel Statham. I wish I knew how Statham came up with the name for this one.

Gentry Garland from Corrigans' Pool by Dot Ryan. Doesn't he just sound like he will waltz in and sweep you off your feet?

Piddie Longman (usually referred to as Aunt Piddie) from The Madhatter's Guide to Chocolate and Up the Devil's Belly by Rhett DeVane.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

This week was hard for all of us over at the blog, so many amazing names to choose from! Looks like you had no trouble at all. ;) Great picks!

By the way your blog looks adorable! :)

Our List
Andy @ Owl Always Be Reading

Jessica @ a GREAT read said...

Ooh nice! These are all new to me!

Thanks for visiting my post!

Cheryl said...

Thanks Andy. Glad you like it. Great to see you here, Jessica.

Melissa (Avid Reader) said...

Anne with an E! That's a name I'll never forget.

Anonymous said...

My middle name is Anne; I always point out that it is spelled with an "e" :)

Bella @ Ciao Bella