Friday, August 23, 2013

Sample Review: "You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth" and Other Things You'll Only Hear from Your Friends in the Powder Room Edited by Leslie Marinelli



I downloaded a sample from Amazon of "You Have Lipstick on Your Teeth" and Other Things You'll Only Hear from Your Friends in the Powder Room, which is an anthology of bold and humorous short stories by women, for women, about being women.

COVER: I love it! It makes you think back to around 1950 or so...or at least before I cared if I walked out of the house with lipstick on my teeth. When was the last time I wore lipstick anyway?

The first story is about sibling rivalry. Not the typical one, but the one where you like one breast better because it grew in faster and looks better than the other one. The second story is about a woman trying to work up the courage to tell the friend she goes out with every Saturday night that she dances like a stripper and everyone is watching.

I have to admit these were a couple of funny stories, but I could do without the obscenities. I know, I'm becoming a prude in my old age. LOL! Some of the stories might push the envelope a bit: "There Is No Ball Drying at the Dinner Table" and "My Vagina Is Like a Flower--a Cauliflower" come to mind. Others sound just plain hilarious: "Confucius Say: When Shit Hits Fan, Girlfriends Bring Pooper Scooper" and "Friends Let Friends Pee Their Pants."

I'm not planning to buy the full version yet, but I might. Depends on my mood. After checking out the website that was the inspiration for this book, I'm afraid my sense of humor might be curtailed if the content is too vulgar.


File Size: 372 KB
Print Length: 243 pages
Page Numbers Source ISBN: 1490963413
Simultaneous Device Usage: Unlimited
Publisher: PRG Media; 1 edition (July 31, 2013)
Sold by: Amazon Digital Services, Inc.
Language: English
ASIN: B00EA7ZNHO

I downloaded a free sample to my Kindle. This review contains my honest opinions, which I have not been compensated for in any way.




2 comments:

Suko said...

Excellent review! You've helped me to decide if I will read this book.

Cheryl said...

Thanks for stopping by, Suko. Glad I could help.