Thursday, April 18, 2013

Book Review: A Step in the Write Direction (Student Edition) by Donna Clark Goodrich


Volunteering in our local schools, I'm amazed by the ability of many of the students to create meaningful stories and articles. Some express a desire to write professionally in the future. Thankfully, for budding Christian writers, multi-published author Donna Clark Goodrich has created an excellent resource.

In A Step in the Write Direction, Goodrich has compiled helpful information on many aspects of publishing:
  • How to get started,
  • Where to get ideas,
  • Manuscript formats,
  • Fiction writing, nonfiction, poetry, and more
  • Editing tips,
  • How to sell what you write,
  • How to tackle obstacles,
and helpful resources all writers need. I've been writing almost ten years and I found information within this book's pages I could put to good use. A variety of "Assignments" help the reader learn more about her motivation to write, compile a list of important resources, spark inspiration, and more.

What I loved most about this book is Goodrich's encouraging style. Her passion for writing and helping others become successful writers shines through on every page. If you're serious about a writing career, pick up a copy of this book to help you get started. If you're already writing with the goal of being published, A Step in the Write Direction can help guide you along the way.

Highly recommended.

Paperback: 176 pages
Publisher: Upwrite Press (June 14, 2011)
Language: English
ISBN-10: 1414119992
ISBN-13: 978-1414119991



I received a copy of this book from the author. This review contains my honest opinions, for which I was not compensated in any way.

This is the 5th book I've read for the following challenge:

No comments: